I have Stories to Tell and Books on Amazon

Please, in the left column, click on Books on Amazon and check out the books I have written. I am sure you will enjoy them.


Wednesday, October 10, 2018

What is Going On

I turned on the news this morning, a bad habit, to get some news about the storm. For reasons unclear to myself, I put on Fox News.
Did i get news on the storm? No. They were chatting about the Kavanaugh confirmation and how it will effect the mod-term elections. Really?
The Florida coast is about to be hit with a catastrophic, historic Category 4 storm, with 140 mph winds and a massive storm surge. The Damage will be beyond belief and lives will be in danger.
And they are talking politics.
Yesterday, the President spent an inordinate amount of time saying good bye to Nikki Haley. His only comment about the storm was that the Federal Government  will be ready to help. He threw in a few Kabanaugh comments and some mid-term election comments.
Again, a disaster is about to occur, effecting Florida, Georgia, and S. Carolina. And all the Fox News and the President want to talk about is politics. What is happening to our moral priorities. Lives come first. Who really cares who the Ambassador to the UN is. How many of us really keep track onf Supreme Court rulings. And, for good or ill, most people do not bother to vote, especially in mid-term elections.
The President and his ilk are obsessed with one thing and he made it clear in the elections. They care about winning. Power is the prize and morality and good sense have taken a back seat. This is sad.
Tomorrow, when I get up, I think I'll hunt for some cartoons in the morning.  Maybe I can find Curious George or Clifford the Big Red Dog. That would be time better spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment